Peer Reviewed Publications
1. Santhosh L, Keenan B, Jain S. The “third shift”: a path forward to recognizing and funding gender equity efforts. Journal of Women’s Health. In Press
2. Woitowich N, Jain S, Arora V, Joffe Hadine. COVID-19 Threatens Progress Towards Gender Equity within Academic Medicine. Academic Medicine. In Press
3. Gerull K, Loe M, Swaroop M, Jain S. Lift as you rise: Conference panel co-moderation with trainees. Academic Medicine. In Press
4. Jain S, Englander MJ, Gebhard RE, Moeschler S, Sharkey KM, Silver JK. Disparities in Equity and Inclusion May Impact Professionalism and Adversely Affect Senior Somen in Medicine. J Women’s Health. May 21 2020.
5. Chowdhary M,…Jain S, et al. Women’s Representation in Leadership Positions in Academic Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology and Surgical Oncology Programs. JAMA Network Open. March 11, 2020.
6. Jain S, Madani K, Flint F, Swaroop M, Liu H, Varghese T, Sinha M, Silver J. What Does It Mean to Be a Male Ally? Implementing Meaningful Change in Gender Representation in Medicine. Journal of the American College of Surgeons. January 17, 2020. [Epub ahead of print].
7. Jain S, Madani KS, Swaroop M. Inaugural Women in Medicine Summit: An Evolution of Empowerment in Chicago, Illinois, September 20 and 21, 2019: Event Highlights, Scientific Abstracts and Dancing with Markers. Int J Acad Med; 5(3):240-301. 2019.
8. Woitowich N, Graff S, Swaroop M, Jain S. Gender-Specific Conferences and Symposia: A Putative Support Structure for Female Physicians. Journal of Women’s Health. 2019 Nov. [Epub ahead of print].
9. Marshall AL, Dversdal RK, Murphy M, Prill DM, Zhang T, Jain S. WOMENtorship: The #WomenInMedicine perspective. Med Teach. 2019 Oct 10; 1-3 [Epub ahead of print]
10. Duma N, Durani U, Woods CB, Kankeu Fonkoua LA, Cook JM, Wee C, Fuentes HE, Gonzalez-Velez M, Murphy MC, Jain S, Marshall AL, Graff SL, Knoll MA. Evaluating Unconscious Bias: Speaker Introductions at an International Oncology Conference. J Clin Oncol. 2019 Oct 11; JCO1901608 [Epub ahead of print]
11. A Wang, C Tapia…S. Jain, MD. Barriers to receipt of novel oral oncolytics: A single-institution quality improvement investigation. Journal of Oncology Pharmacy Practice. April 3, 2019.
12. E Maestas MD, S. Jain MD, P. Stiff MD. A 54-Year Old Woman with Donor Cell Origin of Multiple Myeloma after Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation for the Treatment of CML. Case Reports in Hematology. Vol. 2016. Article ID 6751914, 3 pages. 2016.
13. K Tobin MD, S. Jain MD, S Al Diffalha MD et al. Emerging Role of Fluorodeoxyglucose- PET Imaging in the Diagnosis of Intravascular Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma: A Case Series and Literature Review. Federal Practitioner. 2016 May.
14. S Jain MD, JI Clark. Ipilimumab For the Treatment of Melanoma. Melanoma Management. 2015; 2(1):33-39.
15. M Fokkema, JE Vrijenhoek, HM Den Ruijter et al. (collaborator). Stenting Versus Endarterectomy for Restenosis Following Prior Ipsilateral Carotid Endarterectomy: An Individual Patient Data Meta-analysis. Ann Surg. 2014 Jun 27 [Epub ahead of print].
16. S Jain MD, N Shah MD, S Gregory MD. Relapsed Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma-Ten Years Later. Clinical Advances in Hematology & Oncology. 2011 Sep; 9(9): 704-708.
17. S Jain MD, D Chhabra MD. A case of immunotactoid glomerulopathy with rapid progression to end-stage renal disease.The Scientific World Journal. 2009 Dec; 16;9:1348-54.
18. SD Kumar, KM Jain MD, S. Jain, JS Munn MD, MC Rummel MD. Fistulogram following Arteriovenous (AV) Dialysis Graft Thrombectomy should be Mandatory. The American Surgeon. 2008 Dec; 74(12):1154-8.
19. MC Rummel, MD, KM Jain, MD, JS Munn, MD, S Vaddineni, MD, T Klemens, RN, S Jain, MD. Office Based Vascular Procedures are Safe and Effective. Midwestern Vascular Surgical Society. Thirty Second Annual Meeting. 2008 Sep:11-13:41.
20. S Jain, KM Jain MD, SD Kumar MD, JS Munn MD, MC Rummel MD. Operative Intervention for Carotid Restenosis Is Safe and Effective. European Journal of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery. 2007 Nov; 34(5): 561-568.
21. S Jain, JS Munn MD, EJ Simoni MD, KM Jain MD. Endograft Repair of a Persistent Sciatic Artery Aneurysm. European Journal of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery extra. 2004 July; 8.
Non-Peer Reviewed Publications
1. Why Sponsorship in Medicine Matters. After Rounds. July 7, 2020.
2. Masks are not a partisan issue. They are a public health issue. #AmericaMaskUp. KevinMD. June 19, 2020.
3. Responsibility Redefined: Social Media and Healthcare. After Rounds. June 18, 2020.
4. Patients avoided ERs before COVID. Now, they’re not coming at all. Crains Chicago. June 16, 2020
5. Letters: Police officers, please wear masks. Chicago Tribune. June 16, 2020.
6. Trying to Focus on ASCO In the Middle of a Crisis. Doximity. June 15, 2020.
7. While businesses may open, avoid business as usual. The Hill. May 14, 2020.
8. Choosing a Medical Specialty: Where to Learn What You Need to Know. After Rounds. May 11, 2020.
9. Letters: How We Can Reopen Illinois Safely. Chicago Tribune. May 4, 2020.
10. All Americans Should Care About When States Reopen. US News & World Report. April 23, 2020.
11. Use Science and Evidence to Craft Plan to Reopen Country Amid Coronavirus. US News & World Report. April 16, 2020.
12. Taking the Long View: Surviving and Thriving After Social Distancing. Thrive Global. April 16, 2020.
13. Preventative Care Must Continue During the Coronavirus Pandemic. US News & World Report. April 13, 2020
14. It’s Time for Doctors to Fight For Their Communities. Physician’s Weekly. April 13, 2020.
15. 4 Keys to Time Management for Doctors. After Rounds. April 3, 2020.
16. Governors Need to Act to Stem the Tide of COVID-19. US News & World Report. April 2, 2020.
17. The Mother of All Burdens: COVID-19 and Physician Parents. Ms. Magazine April 1, 2020.
18. Take the Pledge To be 6ftApartNotUnder and Advocate for Social Distancing. KevinMD. March 29, 2020.
19. I am a Physician, and I am Scared. KevinMD. March 28, 2020.
20. Look for the Helpers: Physicians Using Their Voices to Educate During Pandemic. Morning Consult. March 26, 2020
21. Women in Medicine Face Unique Challenges. After Rounds. March 17, 2020.
22. When the Doctor is Sick. Tough choices to make. The Hill. February 19, 2020.
23. Treating New Concerns: The Cardio-Oncologist Will See You Now. Scientific American. February 6, 2020.
24. Professionalism in the Era of Social Media. SoMeDocs. January 23, 2020.
25. Without A Fight: Cancer is Not a Battle To Be Won. Scientific American. January 16,2020.
26. Make Schools Safe Requiring Vaccines in Schools. The Hill. December 31, 2019.
27. Closing the Health Care Connection Gap. US News & World Report. December 12, 2019.
28. Development of a Safe Administration PRRT Process in an Ambulatory Academic Setting. Oncology Nursing News. August 12, 2019.
29. It’s Time for Women in Medicine to Get Their Moonshot. KevinMD.com. October 5, 2019.
30. Can Gender Disparities in Health Care Be Fixed? US News & World Report. Sep 27, 2019.
31. Speaking Secrets: Shikha Jain, MD. SoMeDocs. August 20, 2019.
32. The Pitfalls & Imperatives of Evaluating Women’s Leadership. Physician’s Weekly. Aug 9, 2019
33. Gender Equity needs a Diagnostic Approach. Doximity. June 10, 2019.
34. How to Be an Effective Physician Leader: Strategies for Those With Formal or Informal Authority. Physician’s Weekly. March 13, 2019.
35. How Can Doctors Stop Fake Medical News. KevinMD.com. Feb 27, 2019.
36. An Oncologist’s Battle with Imposter Syndrome. KevinMD.com. Feb 25, 2019.
37. The Future Belongs to Those Who Mentor. ASCO Connection. Guest Commentary. Dec 11, 2018.
38. Op-Eds and Advocacy: Pointers for Writing an Op-Ed. SoMeDocs. November 19, 2018.
39. We Don’t Need to Fix Women, We Need to Fix the Leaky Leadership Pipeline. Women In White Coats. December 12, 2018.
40. We Do Not Need to Fix women, We Need to Fix the System. Doximity. OpEd. November 10, 2018.
41. Tips For New Doctors (and a Few for New Attendings). ASCO Connection. Guest Commentary. July 30, 2018.
42. Representing the Hematology & Oncology Physician Women Wolfpack Group at ASCO 2018. Doximity. OpEd. June 19, 2018.
43. How Barbara Bush’s legacy can help us rediscover the benefits of palliative care and hospice. KevinMD.com. May 21, 2018.
44. A Cancer Patient’s Ever-Growing Bucket List. Doximity. OpEd. April 4, 2018.
45. Why Oncology Is an Intimate Field. Doximity. OpEd. March 13, 2018
46. Immunology Study Shines New Light on Oncology Treatment. Doximity. OpEd. January 2018.
47. The Oral Contraceptives PR Problem. KevinMD.com. July 27, 2017.
48. Why I would still encourage my daughter to go into medicine. KevinMD.com. Feb 5 2017.
White Papers and Academic Matrices
2. COVID19 Contribution Matrix Addendum for CV. June 2020.