I am proud to announce registration is open for the first Women in Medicine Symposium.
Thursday, October 25, 2018
Northwestern Prentice Women’s Hospital
The conference aims to identify barriers women physicians face and initiate constructive solutions, and also to facilitate networks amongst community and academic women in medicine. The day will consist of evidence-based lectures, panel discussions, and breakout session with networking opportunities with both national and local speakers. The symposium is planned to empower female faculty to provide even better care to patients and advance their careers further to become effective leaders in their chosen fields.
The Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
The Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
1. Facilitate the advancement of women in medicine
2. Cite evidence-based data and peer-reviewed studies relating to implicit bias and gender equity, and utilize these skills for career development and creation of academic work
3. Identify barriers that currently exist for physician women and create constructive solutions that can be implemented
4. Identify imposter syndrome, formulate ways to overcome it, and design ways to implement new strategies to battle it
5. Formulate a plan that will assist in facilitating a mentor/mentee relationship.
6. Describe the skills necessary to facilitate a strong mentor/mentee relationship and implement these skills in the mentor or mentee role
7. Describe strategies for work-life balance while maintaining overall wellness and health
8. Explain the benefits of involvement in community activism and leadership, and list tools in order to implement this
9. Identify the latest research on gender equity, implicit bias and gender bias and instruct others on these topics
Please see attached brochure with the agenda and more information on the events of the day.